Here, a birthday greeting in warm tones hangs above a serving table done up in similar shades of pink and orange.
- Black-and-white alphabet print-out
- Medium-weight white or colored card stock
- Pinking shears
- Utility knife
- 4 yards silk ribbon (1/8-inch wide)
- For a birthday banner, download the entire black-and-white alphabet and print letters for desired words onto colored paper. To give the letters a decorative edge, cut them out with pinking shears.
- Use a utility knife to cut two vertical slits near the top of each circle, as indicated. Arrange letters into words on a work surface, and string together by threading ribbon through the slits. Hang the garland in a corner or between opposite walls with pushpins